Thursday, February 08, 2007

And a sooooper time was had by all... most... some... well, a few.


Dear Ms. Armistead,

Blair hots up Global Cool

I'm guessing this would be the same “individuals should take responsibility for their actions” Blair that reckons not flying for business or pleasure is not really practical, at least for those who can, now that the new career on the global lecture circuit beckons. I'm afraid I have a rather different view of what he's hotting up.

Global Cool itself looks like another fine effort. In fact I await their next outing. When will it be?

I'm just hoping that getting the billions to sign up won't prove tricky when the eco-elites live by lists, and while they do carry some baggage of his own, it would appear there is now an even more gre-elite above the ones inhabited by Mssrs. Goldsmith & 'My 747's get towed to the runway, but fancy-a-ride-in-my-spaceship' Branson, which has to smack of irony.

That's the problem with being exclusive; those on the outside don't feel very included or inclined to engage, but I am sure we are more than reassured to know that carbon reduction is a “battle for government and business”.

The media can of course play its part, depending on whether it's there for the celebrity or to do something rather than sidle up to the latest 'in message. I recall Mr. Hartnett on BBC Breakfast being allowed to run a commercial for the Toytoa Prius which, while admirable as a car in many ways, may not be the only solution that he claimed, at least for those who live outside of London and would just be lugging around a big battery with a small petrol engine.

He, and Aunty, also seemed to forget to tell us where to find this initiative, a common oversight it seems. Don't forget the reason you're all toasting and plugging whatever it is.

As to the managers from Shell, I wonder if they were in agreement with their bosses views at Davos, as reported on Today recently.

But at least you all have low energy light bulbs, and will remember to f******* switch them off when you leave, I'm sure.

Bless.

Yours, planet-savingly,
Peter Martin
Junkk Male

Sunday Express: concerts to save planet

No comments: