Monday, March 26, 2007

Now let's see what she and her paper DO about it

Because I doubt we'll ever get a mention.

Dear Ms. Stephenson,

I could not agree more with what you wrote on Thursday about yet another climate change conference. At least it was in London. I just heard on the politics show yesterday some Lib Dem luvvie justifying a jolly to Brazil because she had her people ask some people to pay some people to whack a fir in the firmament. Or so she thought they had... maybe.

There is a vast industry involved in saving this earth. And it is growing daily. Trouble is, the majority are engaged in the age old profession of being 'all marf and no trarzers'. This green elite, sadly many located with the London C-entric zone, and spanning politicians, activists and some media, have spun a very nice little earner out of spinning.... in one place.

What a waste of space they all are. And yes, the same people pontificate to the same people again and again. And as part of what I do, I am cursed to read it all... again and again. I feel I should, in case there may be a nugget of gold in all the slurry that can be turned into a shiny piece of inspiration.

The eco-blosphere is alive with debate, but sadly its the big-oil denier vs. eco-fascist kind, so even those from the day-to-day world who may try and dip in get very burned in the flames and retire immediately.

There are those trying to make a difference, and do with style, grace and humour which, I am hoping, will win out over agenda, target, personal interest and greed. To be cliched myself, I think it is the British way, and what folk will engage with. Fines, nannying, guilt-trips and scaremongering are so.... last resort of the feeble self-appointed opportunitsa.

No comments: