Wednesday, June 27, 2007

MyFace and SpaceBook. And YouBo. And BeTube. And...

I'm over 40. So I can't network socially (apparently) online simply by an inability to work these new-fangled computer thingies.

Nor, some yoof commentators would have us believe, should I try.

Well, sadly for them, and for the sake of Junkk.com, I have, and am. Trying, that is.

I have to admit some work for me. Some don't. I see the value of all, to varying degrees, and need to 'work' them to help our message. I don't see me being the best to do this, so am hoping that some of the chats I'm having with educational institutions about work placements here for students will bring a golden opportunity or few. I'm still not clear how one breaks through, as a vast marketplace, even online, still requires something to make your shingle stand out. Either a growing friends list, I guess, or the quick hit of a popular viral.

So I was simply interested, with little to add as the debate seems to have been well covered already, in this: Do Facebook and MySpace suffer from a class divide in the UK?

Then again, for profile maybe I should.... Dudes....er, Word up!

No comments: