Monday, May 19, 2008

Uh-oh

Let me get this clear. I think the climate is behaving funny, and 'we' might not be helping.

So I advocate sensible precautions. And that includes funding research to make sure we're doing the right things in the right way, with the right amount of money, in the right timeframe.

That does not mean half the world being paid be the other half to come up with eco stuff.

Sadly, it seems that way. Which makes this a bit of a worry: 'Fewer hurricanes' as world warms

Last I heard , AGW/PMWNCC post-Katrina-wise, we were going to see more hurricanes (though this does suggest 'worse', with luck based on severity rather than death tolls, as the latter is spurious in a growing population scenario, especially coastally)). I know this might be tied into the 10+ year cooling, but it doesn't really help considering the previous narratives.

I await, with dread, how this will get reported/blogged.

Few editors lead with 'it's not that simple'

Reuters - Atlantic cyclones may decrease as globe warms: study

No comments: