Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Recognising the role of the cock-up

A few summers ago, my family attended the Big Green Gathering.

We had a hoot. And yes, despite it heaving down. Again. In 'summer'.

So I was sad to read of its demise.

However, the back story rumbles.

Is the Big Green Gathering another victim of the crackdown on dissent?

A Monbiot piece is rarely worth commenting in (on is different:) as things get polarised very quickly (I see a 'you're a racist' got in pretty quickly), but there are some facts in there.

And by my assessment, I am erring on cock-up rather than anything else.

Which is a pity, as it was no harm at all, pretty fun, and possibly a fair bit of good.

Which is more than I can say for stirring up notions of establishment crackdowns when parties you like fall foul of legislative impositions, especially those often brought in my your mates to support parties you do.

All I will say is that when I read: 'Is it paranoia, or are they really out to get us? Most of the time it's paranoia. Every week I'm approached by people whispering about vapour trails from planes being used to control our minds, free energy devices suppressed by oil companies or missile attacks on the twin towers' at the very least it explains a fair bit. One just has to hop the author is cluey enough to at least chat with others before coming to conclusions based on whispers in his ear form the comfort zone.

No comments: