Monday, February 20, 2006

Driving Mother Earth Crazy

Well, they had to know it was going to be a rich source, didn't they? And I don't see why the major media (a few links below) should have all the fun with Mr. 2-Jags and his fellow Cab(inet) members.
And I quote: "All members of the Cabinet have been told by the government car pool that when their car is up for renewal they can swap it either for an XL Jaguar or a Toyota Prius."
Er, why just these?
I actually fully accept that for some selected pols (assuming Ma Beckett can be seduced from her helicopters and RAF flights), trying to escape a bunch of terrorists in a Prius (that's the minister, not the terrorists; one presumes the latter may not have the environment high on their agendas) may not quite make sense. But my R-reg Volvo & Golf fall between the two (and more Prius-wards when I can figure out the right option and how to afford it, LPG, Hydrogen, etc-wise) and would certainly do the necessary, even in converted modes.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that a recent Sunday Times had a selection of well interesting rides that could meet the requirements of all. I really fancied the Volvo myself, and it's not like The House of Commons couldn't sport a filler-station.
But if we're buying British (Toyota's excepted) I believe Morgan, a good British brand, has had a nice bit of grant-wedge to look at alternative fuel versions. Surely there are other options too?
But c'mon guys, is this not just pulling the other one a tad far when trying to persuade the rest of us to act responsibly?
Read more in the: Sunday Times

No comments: