Thursday, February 23, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes...

This morning at the breakfast table we were discussing how the rest
of the year would be panning out, and the subject of holidays came
up. Or rather, why we were not too likely to be having one anywhere
exotic.

I'd like to say this was down to a major commitment to eco-empathy,
but it was mainly a matter of financing, which being a trendy new age
Dad I felt the need to explain to the boys so they understood the
reasons for.

'So Daddy,' asked Kipp, 'what kind of job is it when don't you make
enough money?'.

This being my chance to secure the support of future generations, I
explained that while I certainly was hoping to make a living soon, my
job was to help save the planet, and what good would money be if
there was no planet left to spend it on.

'Still,' said Cody, 'it would be nice to have some to enjoy while it
lasts'.

Maybe he knows more than I do.

No comments: