Tuesday, November 14, 2006

OK, I'm the Grinch That Stole The Planet

A long, long time ago, I lived in Hong Kong. And I was a slob. I worked all day and played all night. So I decided to get fit. So every lunch I took a tube to a city helth club, and then up a lift, where I static-cycled and Stairmastered for an hour.

Then I thought: 'Why no cycle there and walk up. And then turn back?' A lot cheaper. And better for me.

I'm afraid this is what ran through my mind when I read this: Kids walk to Moon and back in climate campaign

I'm all for awareness, but Britta Freitag of the German-based Climate Alliance travelled how far to hand a suitcase stuffed with 618,315 paper "green footprints" to U.N. climate talks in Nairobi on Monday?

100,000 children cut out the shape of their foot from whatt pieces of paper for every mile?

Some 5,000 delegates are discussing ways to step up the fight on global warming, with Austria a leading contributor to the campaign with more than 200,000 cut-out coloured footprints.

Apparently, most scientists say that global warming is being stoked by emissions of greenhouse gases from burning fossil fuels in power plants, factories and vehicles.... like, paper making ones and planes to get folk to jollies?

Nil points.

No comments: