Monday, December 18, 2006

But at least you can offset the flight... er...

Further to that last post, try this: Care needed with carbon offsets

The operative word here is 'care'.

I have, obviously, been moved to write to the the author:

'In my job (well, hobby for now, until it pays), I am blessed, or maybe more accurately cursed, with sifting through the information and commentary of each day. Acres of print from the great, the good, the hopeful, those with agendas and, like you suspect, those with PRs... and, of course, politicians.

Amongst those I choose to rely upon is the BBC, confident it will be factual, well researched and in context as well as topical, which is why I tend to read it first. And often I pass the most significant on with my blog.

Your posting today was a 'wow'.

But even more so when I connected few dots with one I read a little earlier.

Just about the only vindication I see and hear from enviro-active media and the lite-green consumers they cater to, is that it's fine to ski in Verbier (while the snow lasts, but then the Rockies beckon), so long as you offset.

I do hope what you have shared will give them something to ponder in being satisfied with that equation.'

No comments: