Friday, June 01, 2007

Letters from the front, and at the back

A guy gave me his card the other day, and it really needed to be about a foot wide to get in all the letters after his name, some of which were.. a stretch. I afraid it all rather left me feeling that one last set was rather in order: Pl. Onker.

This ran though my mind today as I read my welcome letter from the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining. I feel like I have joined a Post-it note!

Anyway, it was addressed to [me], A Inst Pkg. How cool is that?

Now, at first blush it looks like I, as an aspiring planet-saver, have gone over to the Dark Side, lured by Darth Shrinkwrap, but I deem it a very worthy attempt on my part to try and engage with, understand and hence report on what is after all a very significant part of all Junkk.com is involved with.

All things considered, it's a pretty affordable membership I'm surprised a few other media who see fit to critique this industry would do well to embrace.

No comments: