Tuesday, September 11, 2007

West is West, but EAST... is best!


EAST magazine is rather good. It's fun, glossy, nicely written and, oddly but generously, free ( a bit like a certain website and blog I hear you say.... er... hello?).

Now that I have got the brown-nosing out of the way, please bear in mind that I have said this only now, and not before, mainly because I was only aware of one issue and had not got around to mentioning it, along with a few thousand other worthy aspects of note, such as February's newsletter.

Anyway, my latest edition has just come in, and perusing the online PDF copy my eye alighted on the not so small matter of their recent awards. Which I had decided was worth having a go at being a) prestigious, b) got us in front of some decent judges anyway and c) was free. And I must confess I then forgot all about it.

Well, golly-gosh and cor-blimey, lookee there (well, it's too small to see, but trust me it is - or go to the magazine site and register to read in A4 glory) - who do we see as a semi-finalist? And in good company ,too.

I just hope not too good company, as the shortlisted guys get a free invite, and at £200+ I kinda need to be in there to go. Which would be nice.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Peter,
Well done and good luck in getting onto the shortlist.
Sadly, our own effort hasn't even made the semi-finals - but never mind, there's always next year.