Friday, October 12, 2007

COMPETITION - Ideas for awareness campaign

WHEN: Now
WHAT: FaceBook Group 'Somewhat strident who cares'
WHAT... MORE?: "I have to ask you all a favour. Recently I’ve been feeling increasingly oppressed by the media in general. I am highly aware of these things immediately making me feel shit about myself, to the point where I am spitting with rage. Up to now I’ve not done anything about this for fear of falling into some kinds of ‘always strident, never funny’ category, but I don’t care anymore.

I’m bothered by magazines and adverts in particular, like those cosmetic surgery ads on the tube, or ads for Heat, Grazia, Nuts, Zoo and so on. So basically I’m starting small. If I print up stickers that say things like:

‘By women who hate women. For women who hate themselves’
‘Reading will cause self-hatred’
‘Fake boobs are vile’
‘You are normal. This is not.’

Would you be willing just to carry a few around in your bag and put them on things that you find especially offensive? I’m open to suggestions about what’s on them. I’m also looking into a greener option than stickers, or recycled stickers."
HOW MUCH: Free! But there is actually no prize either, save for having a nifty idea in a good cause... and promoting the cause of reuse in the promoting of causes.
URL: Where I found it. There is a link to a FaceBook thingie, but you have to be a member (which I/Junkk.com am/is already): http://www.brandrepublic.com/Blogs/showpost/0d737814-ebcc-443d-85d3-8854574ba6c1/

COMMENTS: There is actually no prize either, save for having a nifty idea in a good cause... and promoting the cause of reuse in the promoting of causes.

No comments: