Monday, October 22, 2007

There's climate. And the weather. And how it gets referred to.

I liked his book. Seems a nice guy. But Leo Hickman has dropped a notch in my estimation here: And now for the weather

From the BBC pitching English grads to 'analyse' environmental data, to Al Gore being called a climate science student, I am seeing a worrying trend.

And that is some precautionary advocates getting a little out of their depth on the science side and paying the price.

Trouble is, they take a lot with them. Their past good works for one. And the task those trying to stay on a very objective course with roughly the same aim, but different methodologies.

I won't be posting as this looks like a really t'is/tisn't flame war in the making. I just hope the rebuttal doesn't end up with the now wearily familiar 'so ok it's not all accurate, but his heart's in the right place'.

No comments: