Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What a week that was!

Hardly a day goes by without it being some kind of 'week'.

Apparently, or at least according to an email I have just had, it is 'Waste Not Week.

Now, as oft noted, my enthusiasm for raising awareness knows no bounds but I have a few small niggles.

The main one is that if there is a 'week' for such things, is there not rather a danger that, by definition, the other 51 are not, how to say, as strong. So I rather prefer to think of not wasting to be more of a 24/7, 365 kinda deal.

Then there's the cost. Who pays for all the effort that goes into such efforts? The DM packs, the PR, etc, etc? And hence the enviROI generated.

And who, exactly, are the beneficiaries? I can see it keeps some folk occupied. And makes money for a goodly proportion. Plus the media can fill a slow news day.

As to the rest of us...?

No comments: