Sunday, March 30, 2008

Words and Deeds

I was just catching up on my Sunday reading online, after a most productive day making some kitchen units and pottering in the garden in the sun.

This little effort caught my eye.

It seems that while villages can still score a bag-ban mention (latest is in Norfolk) we have now moved to country level in the green competition stakes.

Well, I can think of worse things to strive for.

It was an relatively interesting piece I guess, but really the accolade rather seems to boil ('scuse pun) on whether you are sitting on top of a volcano or have near limitless hydro on tap. Basically how you make your 'leccy. And having lucked out on that score, you can offset your ethics away and buy anything you fancy, secure in the knowledge that the overall tally will look better than the next person..

Anyhoo, the Indy has kindly provided some ideas on the same page for what form of transport you might opt for where your home might be.

No comments: