Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Lead Balloon

With all due credit to the author: If there is a God, he's not green. Otherwise airships would take off

I like the idea. It's just the disconnect with the realities of the numbers of people there now are, the time they have and the money they can spend. Another topic in many ways, but this just comes across as silly.

I think it's triff.

Sign me up! All I'll need is no day job and limitless funds... or write on enviro issues for eco-aware (if not actually practicing) publications.

I can see it now: 'My blog of a slow food sojourn around the World in the footsteps of Phiny Fogg'

Chapter 2 - Oh, the inhumanity!

'To the clink of organically sourced New Zealand Chablis in recycled (plastic, while lighter, may contain BPA) glasses, we glanced down to see millions of RyanAir eco-unawares/don't cares gobbling up their two week annual holidays crammed on non-eco-tourist (ie: keep the proles out) beaches. I am moved to head to my cabin and Blackberry a post forthwith. It is to be hoped the sights will improve over the next few months when we get to more remote places... Richard has invited us to his island to learn about the next initiative whilst watching some rocket display.'

Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth, in a normal family home near you...

No comments: