Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's the Climate like up there?

I tend to avoid the whole 'climate debate'.

At best it seems to be mostly a bunch of folk arguing about the number of angels who dance on the head of a pin; at worst a bunch of entrenched interest groups from two dogmatic extremes lobbing pretty much the same justifications for their views at each other over and over.

I am not saying it is not important, just that I feel it more productive to get on with what I think can help all sides and let others hopefully deal with an area I can see no value in get involved with, bar seeking to ensure the enviROI is always positive.

However, it is a pretty key aspect of many debates, and one thing that always comes up is the difference between 'climate' and 'weather'.

And I would hope these guys would know better than most what it is:

What's the Difference Between Weather and Climate?

No comments: