Friday, January 05, 2007

DMlemma

Asa creative person, especially one who had some fun and did some good (King of the Die-Cut!)with Direct Mail, I am always now on the horns of a dilemma when it comes to this as a medium of advertising.

It's not looking too good for the industry: Industry braced for fresh backlash

Mind you, as I survey the DL sized kuk from banks, etc in my rubbish bin, I'm pretty sympathetic to the public's view.

But every so often a little bit of creative magic finds its way to being opened and read.

One such is this from Save the Children.

Basically, it's a boring brochure. But by making it a kid's exercise book and shooting holes I was hooked by it and the message. Which isn't a bad one either.

I doubt an email would have worked the same way. And I also assume that it did not cost a fortune to make this impact.

No comments: