Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Titanic Chapter and Verses

OK, I nicked that from our site section, but it was too good not to.

I happened on this The Government is no more. All that’s left to do is laugh, and could not resist this:

'I'd laugh too, but then ponder the rather worrying notion that the ship being steered so resolutely into every iceberg possible by its inept crew, also happens to be the one I am on. But they have all made sure they have comfy places in the lifeboats.

So it's really only funny to those who get paid well to write about them, and hence will get invited to share the fun of next ride the rest of us who survive get taken on.'


I really am getting a tad fed up of the 'I'm all right, Jack' tone that we get from the London-based chattering classes when sharing with the rest of us their wisdom on matters such as their drinking buddies in Westminster's travails.

Which is why, like my last post to the Telegraph, I suspect it will be 'moderated'.

No comments: