Thursday, February 22, 2007

All that's print to fit

For the sake of integrity, keep the PR meisters at bay

I clicked on this simply to find out how integrity and PR got in
the same sentence. Then I found myself hooked by a piece
that was simply interesting - and I think honest - journalism (another
two words not often placed together these days) about an area that
it would be a lie to say does not interest me, but is quite low on my
order of the day. So I took it for what it was.

And then, there at the end was something that was grist to my
churning mill: the environment. My website is more than a tad 'green'.

So I have pondered the question your student has posed via you,
and my answer is, 'I don't know but would be happy to discuss.'

Just like Kate Silverton being air-flown - with or without crew... and
entourage? - to the Oscars by a cash-strapped and newly eco-aware
BBC, it is the media's role to entertain and her 'job', but they do have
on-site correspondents, no?

So I am erring on yes, it would benefit me, and the story, plus planet
if it were found
and not supplied via a jolly.

No comments: