Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bin & Gone

I am again indebted to Dave of Solarventi for sending me a piece to twitch the eyebrows: One Bin Day

Like WRAP and all those other fine, funded (sorry, I originally wrote fine-funded, which would not do at all) entities that use our tax-£'s so efficiently, I always look forward to the next stunning initiative that will soar without trace in the communications sector.

You, dear reader, doubtless have heard all about this. I must confess that without Dave I would not have. And if there are more like me that makes two folk who will now be moving to the centre of the room on just this one day and thinking hard on all the money the got blown on meetings with agencies, PR's, etc to come up with this and promote it.

Money well spent, I am sure.

If I can be bothered, I may go back to see how many people did upload pictures of themselves doing it. Maybe I will!

As as I do ponder whether funds and comms efforts have gone somewhere to help save the planet more tangibly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like 'One Bin Day' was a fantastic success, public money really well spent on a brilliant and high profile awareness raising exercise. As of 09:30 this morning the number of businesses submitting stories and pictures of their participation in 'One Bin Day' is an enourmous 1. Yes, one single story!!

http://www.envirowise.gov.uk/page.aspx?o=216741

That's what I call a fabulous ROI.

Emma said...

I hope that one poster used the reverse side of those two A4 pages to print on!

I wonder why mine never appeared?