Thursday, February 01, 2007

OK, tell me how to get past his genius gatekeepers

Terry Leahy: Don't blame us: we can't get rid of all packaging

"As we work to reduce our environmental impact on every level, we will continue to look for ways to cut excess packaging and offer our customers rational choices."

I'd say we are one. I've been trying for 3 years. And M&S. And Boots. And Morrisons...

I've just written to the Indy's Editor:

Dear Sir,

"As we work to reduce our environmental impact on every level, we will continue to look for ways to cut excess packaging and offer our customers rational choices."

I'd say we are one. I've been trying for 3 years to get through. And M&S. And Boots. And Morrisons...

Can you help us get past the pen-pushing, bean-counting, career and hence profit-obsessed minions inbetween initiatives like ours and Sirs Terry and Michael, etc and their new-found green commitments. Or indeed Ministers like Miliband, Bradshaw, etc, as they keep churning out more 3rd sector, we must engage with social entrepreneur guff?

Our site is free. It gets good editorial. The public likes it. It makes the environment fun. And it needn't cost anyone (biz, gov or tax/ratepayer) a penny. In fact, by finding ways to reuse packs and packaging it may even add to the marketing, PR and CSR stories of these businesses in a very non-greenwash manner.

When are people going to stop talking long enough to listen to others outside their elite circles who may have complementary solutions on offer.

If you can help I'd be grateful.

BBC - Ask Tel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter,

If you do get a response, please would you share it with me? I could potentially save Tesco millions in energy bills and massively reduce their CO2 footprint; but like you, I cannot get through to anybody who will even listen, let alone talk to me. It’s so bloody frustrating!!!

Dave Goodwin
SolarVenti UK Ltd.