Saturday, February 17, 2007

tushtissue.info

Last night I did not go out for my Friday pint or two.

So I decided to invest what I would have spent on yet another website. Tushtissue is dedicated to all those who seek to paper over the cracks only enough to cover their own sweet selves and careers with meaningless action, but are not too concerned with actually doing anything that will make any difference than looking like you are acting.

It has been inspired by this morning watching the news media packed with pictures and interviews of pols, police and all sorts of other talking heads rushing around being interviewed and wearing nice outfits as a response to some high-profile, low-surprise murders with guns - as opposed to all the other much safer ways there are to get dead if anyone wishes to so commit such a crime, especially if the perpetrators are not complete cretins and have the patience to wait about a week 'til the police O/T budgets runs out, and the media get bored enough to move to more productive areas of outrage.

Tushtissue can apply across most areas of public protection and concern, including the environment, of course.

I have, at present, NO IDEA what form the design of this site will take, but have in mind some kind of graph (the logo is sweeeet) that tracks various public events along with the official response and resource commitment, as well as that of the media, etc as time progresses.

I'm guessing a peak for a few days on the latter, maybe a month on the former, followed by a slow tail-off on both. Until the next.

Best use of funds (I mean my £5 - there's a chance a wee bit more has been blown on what we're tracking already)? Let the viewer decide.

Anyone fancy working on it with me?

BBC - Man dies after new gun killing

No comments: