Tuesday, March 13, 2007

With a little help from our friends!

I am again indebted to Junkketeer Peter for not only pointing out the opportunity (which I immediately grabbed - now can I count it as 'coverage' in our ABOUT section?), but now kindly sharing the fact that we did score a mention (if not as submitted) in a Guardian online piece on reuse: Reuse it or lose it

Before going any further, may I appeal to any and all who may stumble across such a chance of promo for the site and/or a mention in the media to send it in this way. I am already struggling to catch up with just the last few days after my recent adventures. So any really helpful stuff flagged up is appreciated!

A quick comment on what we shared our glory with.

I was pleased to note that we were about the only non-individual (actually 'we' are, but it may be fair to say that 'I' am a bit more dedicated time-wise than most, if not 'professional'... yet) site in there. I say pleased only selfishly in terms of our commercial and even reputational prospects. It just seems odd and a tad sad that all the major funded Govt and Quango efforts seldom get mentioned? I'd like to think it's guys like us, FreeCycle and others who are talking to the public in ways they can, and obviously do relate to ( a couple of great new URLs for me to invite on the site today!).

Maybe they should just leave it too us... and help out a bit with some funds. Just a thought...

No comments: