Thursday, May 17, 2007

I can't stand....

Well, Monday's are taken as read, but as I am currently doing well skipping being pinned to an actual opinion by simply attributing to others, here is one from St. Bob that I 'noted' in light of some views I have held on this issue already: Live Earth? It's a waste of time, Geldof tells Gore

"To make us aware of the greenhouse effect? Everybody's known about that problem for years. We are all fucking conscious of global warming."

Couldn't have gosh-darn well said it better myself! As he points out, the organisers of Live Earth had no specific target... "So it's just an enormous pop concert or the umpteenth time that, say, Madonna or Coldplay get up on stage."

I am prepared to bet, however, that Indy journos will be gushing to get to the VIP Green rooms when it all hits town. Can't get enough awareness. Doing... well...

As a packager asked me yesterday at the show: 'Why is that they have this big campaign about packaging, yet I have never heard you guys mentioned as you are trying to mitigate its effects?" Quite.

No comments: