Friday, September 14, 2007

Bin & Gone - Freebie Alert!

I'm rubbish at PR (quite good at rubbish).

I can write the release and all, but all the other stuff, the stuff that really counts, such as calling and cajoling, etc... nah. I send it off and, if I call at all it will be but once. No more. Which is not what it takes.

What it takes is persistence (and staff/time/budget I don't have), plus a polite manner.

So eventually, I, very busy media overlord, have succumbed to the charms of a very nice young lady.

After her 3rd call on when I was going to put up what I said I might when I had a 'mo, here it is.

It's a bucket.

A wee while ago a nice courier turned up with a nice box in a big plastic bag, and this was what was inside. Along with a helpful 5-page set of instructions.

It's from Cedo (leader, so the blurb says, in a wide range of household disposable - hold that thought - products), and Sainsburys.

And between them they are giving away 150,000 of these little chaps, from now 'til the end of the month.

So if you fancy a bucket, free, I'd scoot along.

Thanks to being in the right conferences at the right time, I already have a few, and they are very nice. As a means of getting stuff from the house to the compost bin they do serve a very helpful function. Many other buckets can do the same of course, but as this is free it's a 'why not'? If you fancy being even more eco of course, Junkk.com awaits any and all suggestions for second use packaging that can do the same and not use extra resources.

There is the lid of course, which is vital at this time of year to avoid fruity flies buzzing about in between empties down the garden end. I speak from current experience, the lid having popped off the paint can I was using.

I do also note that CeDo have available compost caddy liners, which will provide years of useful convenience. They should be, by all accounts, changed a minimum of 2-3 days. I'd say that could be stretched a tad.

Then again, you may prefer the option, as I do, of lining the bottom with an egg box, sides with newspaper and slotting small cereal packs inside to offer the right organic/fibre mix to make for a nice brew.

Gosh, I feel like I've come all over moneysavingexpert.com. Just call me Martin.

No comments: