Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not the word I'd use, but nice anyway



'Hero' is an awkward word to have applied, and after Jeremy Clarkson's notable VC winners' TV programme I have tried to avoid using it unless really warranted.

Hence it was with mixed feelings that I was surprised to find I had a) been nominated and b) won the regional round of such a thing in a competition from FOCUS DIY.

I was told a wee while ago, but have long learned to not get too excited until the cheque clears. Or, in this case, I got handed the vouchers. The missus was thrilled that at last Junkk.com has made some money until become apparent this was going on yet more DIY stuff (most likely the Forest Certified shed above).

Anyways, I came, I posed, I gurned. I even made a few suggestions on what to stand in front of. I gave a big thumbs up to the 3 for 2 insulation deal in one. And I got some Junkk goodies in camera.

I'm sure it will make the locals, but with luck it may go further.

I think that I will refer to it more as a Green Award, though.

No comments: