Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fool me once

Like many, I don't usually pay too much attention to till receipts.

However, in the last few days I have had occasion to discover that this is very unwise.

Yesterday, at Somerfield I bought two bottles of wine on a deal. Despite adding booze to the basket, on getting home the total bill seemed a tad high.

On checking, I discovered there were indeed the two bottles at full price, and at the end the discount... plus another bottle at full price!

So I decided to look at Sunday's big shop at Morrisons. And, yet again, another extra entry.

Just how many donations have I made to these guys by my not having the time or necessary motivation to make sure that these scanners and their operators are accurate and/or not making duplicate passes?

Now... what are my rights for negotiating a refund? It's my word vs. theirs, especially tricky after the event. But who has time or the mental agility to track what the stores need a laser to handle and a computer to calculate.

No comments: