Thursday, February 07, 2008

Go Figure

As all will, well... should know, I have set up Junkk.com (and this associated blog) to not only do good, but make good, too.

As yet, while I think the first can warrant a tick, I'm still kinda working on the second. Getting there, but... a ways to go.

I think I blogged a short while ago about an educational foray back into the world of online media, and the help and insights I gained, though to date can't do much about becuase they need major dosh. Hence my scoping out the weird and wondeful laternate universe of VCs Business Angels.

But one thing has rung in my memory since, which is the advised target of 500k unique visitors to get taken serioulsy as an ad medium.

I think I can do it. I just have to focus on what will make the offering unique, attract an audience and keep them loyal... and telling others.

Which is all quite an ambition. Especially as, at the 'mo, there is one of me trying to do this.

So I was quite interested in this piece about an outfit called Shiny Media. All very inspirational, and a big up to them. Thing is, for their 3.5M unique visistors they have a staff of 20+! That's one person per 150,000, which is what I have managed. So, at the end of the day, it remains a numbers game.

No wonder it's taking me a while. I must get in touch.

No comments: