Tuesday, April 08, 2008

CATEGORY - COMPETITION - Post-it/Win a Smart Car

Now, these are without doubt 'commercial', but as they are enviro-related (with, usually, a 'green' prize) I figure they are a 'worth-sharing, 'why not?'. As advised:

WHEN: Now.. 'til the 29th of April
WHAT: Buy it. Plant it. Win it.
WHAT... MORE?: Via the URL
HOW MUCH: Well, you do need to buy some Post-its
URL: http://www.3m.com/intl/uk/GetSmart/index.html?WT.mc_id=www.post-it.co.uk/getsmart
COMMENTS: I have some views on whacking a fir in the firmament at the first offsetting opportunity, so make sure you think it's kosher..

AND NOW, AN APOLOGY...

I just got this:

'Unfortunately the survey was posted on several promotional websites without our permission, resulting in a very high number of unwanted survey responses which we are unable to separate from valid responses received from our selected addressees.

We have therefore had to abort the last survey and discard the information but we are still keen to receive your views and kindly ask you to complete the survey again.'

Well, guys, good luck with that. I get a bazillion emails a day, and this one struck a chord as a not bad freebie. I'm sorry if I passed on what I got as a mass email 'without permission', but frankly didn't think I needed any, and didn't see any advice on restrictions to entry or broadcast. However, my apology is to all I shared this with who it seems, like me, pretty much wasted their time on a bit of marketing that was not exactly well thought through, or at least explained. I wonder if it will pop up in the ASA adjudications.

No comments: