Friday, May 02, 2008

5...4...3...2...

I am not a great believer in 'days'. Especially days 'off'. Well, other than the obvious (me...not sitting here).

Most so far have either not worked, backfired, or highlighted just how addicted we are, or forced by survival to consuming, and frankly any extreme version just comes across as silly.

I'll make an exception here: shutdownday.org

It's billed as an experiment. So I'll be interested in the results. And... how they are interpreted and shared... and reported upon.

The theory is nice, and by making it a weekend they are setting a more realistic bar.

Thing is, I will not be taking part. Because I can't. Simply to much to do. And a lot happens at the weekend.

Hence while I give thumbs up to the principle, sadly it's thumbs down to the reality. But it will be interesting to return and see how it pans out.

No comments: