Saturday, July 26, 2008

Air cons

When I lived in Singapore I actually found the temperature/humidity bearable enough without aircon, simply by using fans at home.

It was actually then more on the quality of air than environment or economy that drove me.

But I fully accepted that it was a pretty nifty, and necessary thing to have.

But having come from Hong Kong before, looking around even then I joked it might be better all round to simply stick a big bubble over the whole country and just stick one big AC unit on top.

Something I was reminded of looking at this: Photography competition: Summer in Singapore - bear in mind that every day is 'Summer in Singapore' - 25 to 32 degrees, with the possibility of showers in the afternoon (or two months of epic storms which, oddly, the drains seem to handle easily - Enviro Agency please note).

No comments: