Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Getting there...


Yesterday started in the pits.

I was being stalked by a nutter on a BBC blog, the boiler didn't work, the washing machine repair was 2 weeks' off, it was raining... and I was staring at a potential 'efinsaftee disaster to my proposed stand to next week.

Fire regs on non-certificated plastics.

Notwithstanding that any Junkk stand is usually 95% plastic junk anyway, this was going to be a real issue.

Anyway, in the course of the day the nutter got modded (might be back mind), the boiler fixed (on insurance), the washing machine fixed (on insurance) thanks to me being a home worker and getting a cancellation, the sun shone again, and.... the lovely organisers of BIS said they had no problem with my stand proposal. Especially as it is made from two reused climbing frames the boys are two old for.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to put in it, on it and around it, and then get it all to London to set up in a few hours on the 13th.

No comments: