Thursday, October 22, 2009

QUOTE OF THE DAY - The best there is. Currently run by the worst.

From here,

'The virtue of democracy is that the temporary dictators so anointed can be removed without bloodshed.'

Oddly, I am fighting a rather one-sided (and not in an encouraging, 'here's comes the cavalry way') fight on another BBC blog with some forces that reckon a little bit of dictatorship might just be what's needed. to get things going their way.

It's the darndest thing, but my belief in freedom of speech and democratic process is currently outweighing my passion to set this planet to rights.

Actually it will be fine no matter what 'we' do, so I guess I am less keen on it being dominated by a bunch of GrEloi who, on current evidence, would make for pretty poor governors of most else that I also hold dear

No comments: