Sunday, February 11, 2007

D2AID2AIS


For those new to this blog, that's my 'Don't do as I do..' shorthand.

And this is what I feel to be a rather sad attempt at explanation/justification from a major medium selling papers based on its concern for the environment: The readers' editor on...
the true cost of flying and climate change


Some masterpieces of polspeak include: 'Our travel editor had acknowledged this from the start..' (so that's ok then). '...but while those of us fortunate enough to be able to afford the luxury of foreign travel agonise over our carbon footprints,' (we feel her pain).

The whole thing smacked of an episode of Newswatch, BBCs dawn fake mea culpa slot where editors come on to say they don't think they were wrong and even if they were so what.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the respondents so nasty to to haul the paper up. If only I could think of a way to help make the point better. Oo, look what I found at the top.

Nil points.

No comments: