Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dim thinking on a bright problem

And it's positive!

I'm not in the habit of giving too much ad space for free to just one outfit, but as this is an issue of topicality I thought this warranted inclusion now - Energy saving dimmable light bulbs!

The lack of a dimming facility has been a (slightly trivial, in my view) reason for resistance from both architects and the public in this debate.

I hope this may serve to solve that aspect.

Others remain. There is the subjective area of light cast, which can put off some purists, and my own, which is on reliability (posted before).

ADDENDUM 17/10 - for comparison (on price), I have just been advised of this from Light Bulbs Direct.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I'm intrigued to know just how they work. I was led to understand that no existing dimmer switches were compatible with CFL's and the only way you could do anything was to buy a replacement dimmer switch which effectively steps the level of power up and down through a pre-set list of settings.