Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Don't call us. And we won't call you.

Inspiring stuff: EVEN GORDON GETS CONFUSED ABOUT TPS!

I am intrigued by big businesses who are on/hide behind TPS.

It rather begs the question as to how they find out anything new.

Having been challenged by a mentor to call (I really, really... don't like cold calling) a major fmcg Marketing Director up to get a chance to pitch my green eco-packaging invention, my first attempt was Trace on reception 'Hoodisayscallin'?" and through to Mrs. Miggins on her IBM Selectric: 'Does he KNOW you?'. To my answer that no, he did not, but I was pretty sure he and his company would like to be aware of a green innovation that made money and saved the planet, she shrieked 'But we're on TPS - I am reporting you!' I quake as I write.

And that was just me going via their website.

Ahhh... doing business in Brown's not very green and very unpleasant land.

No comments: