Monday, October 01, 2007

Gis' a twirl

I have tended to dismiss anything that purports to be 'green' when it is associated with the word 'fashion', as the latter tends to depend on the less attractive extremes of consumption, but this looked worth a gander: Supermarket's eco- fashion under threat?

What the author has described kind of speaks for itself and I'll let you decide on the facts vs. the opinion, but it also to me shows the perils of 'dabbling' with issues such as this. And, indeed, those who see themselves as the leaders of the cause.

Every time I see a fashion spread in the Sunday glossies I tend to wince, as I have seen this week'; recycled 'must have' become 'so last year' by the next, which to me is such a mixed up message I'd prefer they just didn't get involved.

Sassybella - Ethical Smethical - Clothing, Ethics and London Fashion Week

No comments: