Thursday, October 18, 2007

'Going green's divine, but, forgive me, just green...er' is less fine.'

LESS IS NOT GREEN

Amen.

However, and I take a deep breathe as I write this, we need to walk the line between what is just plain 'wrong' (I mean ethically and morally if not factually) and allowing what's necessary to encourage better (and, one hopes, better and better...) behaviour towards a practical ideal.

If one accepts (as I do) the current necessity in a consumer driven ('scuse pun) world (with time poor demands on income earners and/or social pressures) for, say, a car, I need to know whose 'pollute' less so I may either applaud or make a purchase.

As you say, how that gets conveyed adequately, especially in a competitive framework, is key.

A shame that so few in 'marketing' seem to see it as anything other than a quick fix, at least in how it all gets conveyed to squeeze the silliest extra pantone shade of green out of any claim.

'To go green is divine, but, forgive me, just green...'er's less fine.'

ps: For now at least, you get a very irritating pop-up form Conqueror that has a rather fun doodle mouse thing, which in turn leads to a competition. I'm not sure if it is worth the effort as there seems to be no money, but then profile can be worth more.

Also I do note a lot is on carbon offsetting, and in light of the main piece that is... interesting.

No comments: