Thursday, October 18, 2007

Here's one I made earlier... but can't any more

Saw this and had to pitch in: Package designers need to innovate

Tell me about it! Ignoring for now the immense opportunities presented by green-friendly second use design, even with those that show promise 'as is' I can testify to the woeful nature of most.

Look at those pictures above. I loved that Maltesers one, and we made several great things out of it.

Now what do we have? Some 'thing' that's just like every other jar. The new Target chewing gum is the only sphere I can find to play with now. And don't get me on Smarties!

I know it's all about shelf space and stuff, but if not to make life a bit more interesting, or to save the planet, can these guys not at least try and stand out a bit within the design constraints? They might even sell more.

It will give me a lot more source materials to adapt, too.

No comments: