Thursday, October 25, 2007

It ain't what you're trying to do. It's the way you're failing to do it.

I was going to bolt this to another post, but it deserves its own: Scientists say Kyoto protocol is 'outdated failure'

Now I am pretty sure those at either extreme of the the CC divide will spin this (if they refer to it at all - I pretty sure one will) in their usual ways.

But I simply note that it is the means, not the necessity, that is being critiqued.

And, frankly, not before time, with some heft.

We need to sweep away the chancers and the inept who have rushed in to seek green gold, and then discover and support those who can derive actual meaningful enviROIs for the planet from the horribly complex reality that is the global political sphere.

Indy - Sarkozy's green revolution in danger of producing nothing more than hot air - Good start:)

Indy - Is the Kyoto treaty an outdated failure based on the wrong premises? - The Charles Clarke option: 'keep me in charge as my fouling up is experienced fouling up'

No comments: