Thursday, October 25, 2007

U-turns. Another way to spin in one place.

Why legislate when you can green market

Thank heavens I see this here as I was sure I had dreamt I heard it on a SKY News slot last night.

I can't seem to locate a dicky bird on the BBC or The Indy, etc.

Maybe they are still pondering the consequences.

I know I am.

Meantime, amen to this: 'They have little understanding of how to market green issues. Until they do, no matter how much they spend, their marketing attempts will be ignored. My advice is to save your money and bin your ads until you really get to grips with it."

It beggars the imagination how much has been blown already on such wasted efforts. And I have very dim views on the ethics of those being rewarded with bonuses based on us recycling more using our money to drive up the rates. It seems a slight conflict of interest to me, at least in the public sector.

As to the ActonCO2 site I agree and disagree. Or rather, t'other way round. It didn't work when I logged on, and most who tried I doubt will go back (web #101 - don't blow your budget sending all to a site that can't handle it). And anything that expects me to sit through that much web designer wet dream is asking for me to get bored and give up. And once there... I find out what my footprint may be? Woo-hoo. How much and how many people to and run this? And others?

My free reuse site junkk.com costs no one a bean in salaries and marketing expenses, and is currently 'run' by one. Yet it keeps winning awards by being fun and offering ideas and rewards for DOING.

Though some manpower help is desperately required and would be appreciated as I really need get back to the day job. Anyone?

Indy - Wasted opportunities


No comments: