Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Greenwash

This time from BSkyB (Sky) from Marketing Week.

"We became carbon neutral in 2006" Hey, you likely don't even understand what that means!

What a load of self congratulatory dross and bull! Oh my! If it wasn't so self-indulgently and puke inducingly sickly, I wouldn't be able to help myself from rolling around the floor laughing my head off!

Try adding this software to your accounting systems and publish the results if you dare!

Addendum:
From the same publication comes an article in a similar vein from the commercial & trading director of Tesco. But this one failed to raise my hackles hardly one iota. Much less holier than thou 'look how fantastically green we are! (Not)' and much more 'each small step will help'.

"Rather than preying on feelings of fear or guilt to motivate people to change their habits, we are finding simple ways to show people that ­greener living can be easy and cost-effective."

Every little helps.

No comments: