Sunday, April 06, 2008

Gold in green guilt

I am doing something wrong. I am not charging enough. Well, anything would be a start.

It started so well. It's not often that something whacks you right between the eyes, and this really spoke to me, at least initially:

Green sweep
Oliver Bennett is a devoted recycler with a problem - a surfeit of plastic bags, bottles, cans and 'spare' kettles cluttering up his life. Until he calls in an expert ...

'A surfeit' hardly starts to describe the store of bit 'n bobs the Junkk.com warehouse (ie: our loft, basement, outbuildings... I keep making 'em to cope, and they are not pretty being mainly out of reused materials), so this seemed like a godsend.

Trouble is, turns out the piece doesn't really answer my problem... or the one posed above.

And the solutions all seem a bit trendy... and expensive. In fact buying even more things seems high on the list.

A few useful websites, but I think all are on Junkk.com or this blog already. And none, as far as I can see, help you deal with a surfeit of plastic bags, bottles, cans.. etc. The kettle maybe, but only if it works. I have 4 that don't.

So I head for clutterclinic.co.uk. More of the same really. Plus book, plus consultancy fees.

I think I'll stick with Junkk.com, but to help you find uses if you can't bear to throw things out, it looks like my mission to help this 'physician heal thyself' needs to keep searching for solutions. One thing I will concede, from personal experience, are the dangers of letting too much tat build up, and get on top of you.

But not at £60 an hour on top. That would just add to the stress.

No comments: