Sunday, April 13, 2008

Will the next target please step up...

Because you're worth it...

Can't disagree. A ton of marketing to flog a very small amount of goo that is of questionable use. Thing is, it all rather smacks of another tokenistic 'Planet Ban-it'. In the example I allude to below, the total of my aftershave commitment (no other regime for this old-age male, bar soap, shampoo and toothpaste... all packaging under constant Junkk-potential probing) is about ten small glass bottles. Plus a few cardboard boxes that got recycled. In the great totality of all waste, I am not too sure this is up there priority-wise...again.

Mind you, this one might be fun, as I rather suspect it will see quite a few luvvies on board with these rather puritan advocacies finding things hitting home... or at least the mud-pack-coated weekend retreats this bunch seem to be able to afford.

A wee check in the bathroom cabinets of those (male and female) often very vocal in other 'green' related ban-advocacy might indeed be interesting. Maybe they are just lucky to be able to afford very good skin.

As to my Fahrenheit aftershave, after several years' loyalty I almost have enough empty bottles to make my bathroom mirror light shade surrounds.

Indy - Cosmetics and Excess Packaging

I'm sorry, but I think in this case the best way is to allow the consumer to decide, but provide such as Lush and Body Shop every opportunity to promote their less impactful options. As I will.

Mind you, I still need a few more of those Fahrenheit bottles to finish my mirror! Oh, the dilemma.

No comments: