Friday, April 03, 2009

Do gooders. No bad thing these days.

I usually keep ad commentary over on my other blog, Bordello Ivory Tales.

However this does seem worthy of note more here:

Honda block books 'green' ad space on Saturday Guardian

Not to sure the Guardian's rivals will be plugging it quite as much, but there scale of the event is worthy of note. If not the ridiculous ad speek straight out of the press release.

My main interest is in the 'Do good' theme; one we at Junkk.com plug long, hard... and often. And endorse.

Not so sure 'An Inconvenient Truth' is quite the best bit of science documentary for Ch4 to associate itself with, as things have moved on a fair bit since then. Maybe they see it as 'balance' to 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'. I fear I view both more as 'Two wrongs make more ratings' . I am sure there are now later, better, ways to entertain and inform and persuade. Though, I still doubt any that don't fall down on one 'side' or other. And while saving the planet is a laudable aim, folk need to make money, so the new stuff needs to do the cinemas and DVDs for a few years, which is why we get the old stuff on TV now.

Let's see what the comments throw up. That's a lot of money, in one place, for, let's not forget, a car brand.

No comments: