Sunday, February 18, 2007

Them's might potent slippers, gramps!

That's my age. But it looks like it may also be my carbon footprint (without a per-anything to apply it to, that's a meaningless stat most media would be happy to use).

Over-50s leave largest carbon footprint

Interesting stuff, but I would like better context. Are they applying the same level of heating consequences to my Mum in her cottage (or me working at home) as to some bright young activist minister or researcher in their trendy des res flat for 6 hrs a night, when the rest of the time they are in their office or the club, both of which I presume are still heated by the freeholders?

As to travel, well that is looking iffy. On TV I saw some peroxided biddy, about a year older than me, who could not dream of not having her six overseas holiday PER year.

No comments: