Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Currently Can't Reasonably Really Abide Any Party Party

It is a real quandary: What greener politics?

I empathise.

Having toyed with Jedi Knights, NOTA (None of the above) and my most recent favourite, the Currently Can't Reasonably Really Abide Any Party Party, I am faced with the unpalatable fact that any 'protest' I may wish to make that they all suck simply gets dismissed as 'spoiled'.

The alternative is equally unappealing, especially if we enter the realms of 'tactical' voting. Some clown who gets 20% of the 20% who can be bothered to turn out pops up next day to claim a several year 'mandate from the people'.

If you do care about matters green, then the name does lend itself to one choice. But along with the planet I have kids to educate, a dotage to fund, etc, so it's looking like, for me, the lesser of three weevils.

BBC - Green agenda of conference season

No comments: