Thursday, November 01, 2007

CORRECTION - ISH: Spice Tour

Certain things you steer well clear of. The McCanns (and what's the poor wee missing kid's name again?). Religion. Heather Mills-Macca.

So I have/am/will. Save to say with regards to the latter that, before I switched off the 'news' when it wallowed in how the news of the news of this news was handled, I heard a clip of her make a very fair point: the correction should be as big and as immediate as the thing that led to it.

So here is mine... ish. All full blog's worth.

A while ago I read that the Spice Girls were each getting their own Lear Jet, and while one was bad enough, five just seemed... excessive. And I was moved to make that comment a few times subsequently.

Now it seems I may have been wrong, in a BBC 'well we got it off the PA wire so it's not our fault as a multi-billion media organisation of thousands who can and should check before running it' kinda way. Or, indeed, I, and the place I got it from, may yet be correct.

All I know is that it looks like they may have slightly more modest travel plans: Virgin Atlantic in Spice Girls deal

And that may not involve any Lears. Sorry.

Bte they'll be offsetting the poodle's hair stylist seat too.

No comments: