Friday, January 25, 2008

Good News Friday - Plastic Fantastic!

Nice to share something nifty. Actually a few somethings.

First up there was a slot on BBC Midlands Today just now about a recycled plastic process that actually will handle mixed media. No more contamination issues! OK, it's fence posts and not the next water bottle, but it gets around that big issue of co-mingling spoiling the batch.

There is a follow-up report tonight at 6.30pm if you want to catch it (Good luck, with the fun I'm having with the BBC site either reading or commenting - if I see one more 402 or 502 error...)

That's the other bit of good news. I emailed the enviro correspondent concerned, Dr. David Gregory, to find out more and got a nice, helpful reply straight back:

At the moment* they're called

Encapsulated Waste Limited
The Old Transformer House
Showell Road
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV10 9LU

*Evidently, as the Google I did got this...;( Shame to have a PR and no 'go to' in support!

Anyway, maybe I should quit for the weekend now, while I'm ahead!

No comments: